Skip to main content

Featured post

The Thermometer (AQI Board)

The Thermometer  (AQI BOARD) Play "Young and Beautiful" by "Lana Del Rey"  to see this post. Getting a 110mm glass piece is STILL not easy. Goddamn. So I ended up making it 125mm again. Youtube video of the real thing: The Thermometer Playlist Github Repository: The Thermometer GitHub Repo This project is on Instagram highlights by "\ t.l_AQI /" on @ro_h_bots So how about we find out what's the temperature of my room in the MOST GLORIOUS way. It even HAS a Dew Point Indicator, Just so you know THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THERMOMETER EVER MADE.  Below, the CAD will do the talking. I have included a 3D interactive assembly of the entire thing. There's exploded views and working animations of the entire thing as well! I love this system so much oh my god, you have no idea. This one was made to look extraordinarily beautiful in my room on a board which will house: Hygrometer Thermometer AQI Meter ...

Engineered Window Rollers

Engineered Window Rollers

My dad told me engineering these windows with the greatest rollers will lead me to one day become the hardest challenge humanity will ever have to deal with.

So, these window rollers feature SKF 626 - 2RSH bearings. The ultimate weatherproof window rollers need the best bearings.

These window rollers were engineered because the ones we got from the manufacturer were trash and failed under the weight of the windows ahahahahha. Hence I made some with top-tier components and some rigorous FEM analysis.

The window panes are 10 kg each with two rollers symmetrically placed. Each roller somewhat supports 5 kg. The only problem to solve here is the assembly mechanism. To install the windows the pulleys must be retracted. To make sure the windows roll, they must be screwed in from the side to make sure the pulley engages with the window slots. More details below. 

Here's the 3D interactive assembly of one roller unit.

An Interactive 3D View of The Full System Assembly

Finite Element Method Analysis - Base Body

Material: PET - G
Manufacturing Method: 3D printed (100% Infill) - top side to Plate Oriented
Analysis Software: FreeCAD FEM and ParaView
Y-Axis Load: 50N
X-Axis Load: 68N

This part behaved very well. Only 35 microns of deviation under static load. Under dynamic load, I will do some more testing. The deformations shown here are scaled by 300000 for observation. 

The loaded surfaces and the constrained surfaces are shown below in the pictures.

Here's the 3D visualization of the entire FEM below:
0.0e+100m 1e-05m 2e-05m 3e-05m 4e-05m 4.7e-05m

Undeformed Displacement - Base Body

Finite Element Method Analysis - Pulley Holder

Material: PET - G
Manufacturing Method: 3D printed (100% Infill) - top side to Plate Oriented
Analysis Software: FreeCAD FEM and ParaView
Y-Axis Load: 50N
X-Axis Load: 68N

This part behaved very well. Only 17 microns of deviation under static load. Under dynamic load, I will do some more testing. The deformations shown here are scaled by 300000 for observation. 

The loaded surfaces and the constrained surfaces are shown below in the pictures.

Here's the 3D visualization of the entire FEM below:
0.0e+100m 5e-06m 1e-05m 1.5e-05m 1.8e-05m

Undeformed Displacement - Pulley Holder

Design Philosophy

The thought process while designing this thing was basically "Replicate the manufacturer's design first and make radical changes to their bullshit."

So after I replicated the design, I made sure I reinforced the areas around the places where possible deformation had already taken place. Those areas were just around the screws and the pulley holder, which the screw dug into and, in some pieces, completely fractured them.

So that's how I arrived at the above-shown design.

Have a nice day

-Rohit 

Made in Rudra, India by RolandThsive

Full Assembly

Comments